March 29, 2006

Castle and Grassmarket


Spring has arrived! It was a gloriously beautiful day today, and my classroom having lots of south-facing windows, it was rather hot inside! Here's a nice picture looking down towards the Grassmarket - a very popular area for going out, espcially for students as it's near the University - with the Castle sitting proudly atop the hill. From this picture, you can get an idea of the way Edinburgh's Old Town is built up the way with streets on top of one another. It's a great area to explore.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your picture but today the taxis are very dull!!
The castle looks great, can I suggest you take a photo of it at night when it is floodlit

midnitebara said...

beautiful! castles, old and history laden buildings! I love it all. hope I can visit your city some day and the rest of europe too.

zbjernak said...

u r right...it is beautiful and lovely

G Fraser said...

you'll be made very welcome midnitebara!
trina - yes, I'll get some night time photos done too. it is really nice at night as you say.
i love the feeling of walking through history in the old town and in other european cities.

Kris said...

the one on top the hill look amazing from here. I enjoy looking at these architectural beauties :)

Nicola said...

Trina is right - there are more of these cool taxis! I didn't notice right away... I also like the buildings on the left - funny how they painted the bottom parts of the houses in these bright colors (for the stores, I guess) and left the upper part as is... Quite a contrast!

Anonymous said...

Great shot. I stayed at the Apex when I was there last time.

Great memories.

Anonymous said...

aye aye grant fit like the day, i wis jist lookin at yer site its nae bad, afy bonny picters yer grass market is that whar yi cin buy grass fir the coos,i bide in foggie aberdeenshire nae far fae turra weel weel wil go jist noo and spik tull yae efter