March 30, 2006

Victoria Street


Welcome first of all to three new daily photo blogs, Daejeon in South Korea, Gold Coast in Queensland (Australia) and Providence, Rhode Island (USA).
I love this street! I love the way it curves down to meet the Grassmarket, I love the split level on the right hand side with the top part going up to meet the castle, I love the colourful shops which were mentioned yesterday, both for their bright colours, but also because it's a fantastic street for browsing with lots of great little independent shops. When you come to Edinbutgh, don't miss Victoria Street - also, it has the city registry office at the top, so if you're lucky enough you'll get to see men in kilts at a wedding!

5 comments:

Edwin Sumun said...

thanks for popping by KL Daily. I love these last 2 shots. It's like looking at 2 big soundstudio movie sets.

Kris said...

Victoria street , ok..it in my mind :), Love the curve myself :)

Nicola said...

This picture is full of nice details - again the painted stores and those chimneys look really interesting, too.

P.S. I think I might be spotting the back of a taxi in the lower left corner..... ;-D (sorry, couldn't refuse...)

Bob said...

Thanks for the last 2 pics. It's a place I know quite well but haven't been for years. May this summer.

xo said...

i also love this street! when i was there with friends we could not stop taking pics at this spot~. And of course it's the infamous spot where the RBS ad was shot hehe. Can't wait to stroll Edinburgh's cobbled streets again soon...