March 24, 2006

Thinking Pods


These are at the back of the parliament, and giving every one of the 129 MSPs one of these thinking pods in their offices didn't help keep costs down. The idea is that they will sit in these, look out over Holyrood Park and Arthur's Seat (name of a hill), reflect on the laws and issues and then come up with wonderful legislation. Their biggest contribution so far is the smoking ban in all work and public places which starts on Sunday! Hooray! No more smoky pubs! No more putting clothes in the washing machine right away after a night out! No more people in restaurants smoking while you're trying to enjoy your meal!

8 comments:

Raquel said...

Nice photos, keep it up.

Ham said...

I never thought I'd actually be envious of a Scot (well, apart from the quality of life, countryside, sprit brewing and education system) but it defeats me why we can't have the same smoking ban down here. Oh well.

G Fraser said...

You guyz are beating us in the Commonwealth games tho! I went out tonight - clothes straight in the wash. I was looking round the pub thinking, in 30 hours time, what they're doing will be illegal. Happy days!

Denton said...

This is an unique design. I may ask for thinking pod at my work. Personally I am all for the smoking bans as well.

G Fraser said...

I quite agree...we should all have a thinking pod!

Sam said...

Aren't they funny!
I need one!

Bob said...

Nice post. You don't really need to be a MSP to come up with that one though, so perhaps it wasn't a result of the pods. Maybe it takes some time to feet their real effect.

Kris said...

u can only get rid of the smell after a few wash!! ..Good luck with ban !!!