April 03, 2006

VK Taxi


Here's another one of Edinburgh's bright and colourful taxis - specially dedicated to Nicola in Germany. This is a fairly new one, advertising a drink called Vodka Kick - vodka mixed with something, which I can only hope the driver is not drinking to quench his thirst. I went for a walk around the city yesterday to build up my photo bank and saw this taxi on the other side of the street as I was walking towards a taxi rank. I waited and my luck was in as it went right round the roundabout and pulled up just a few metres away. Hope you all had a nice weekend - it's so nice to be at home on a Monday!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't be anonymous with all that color!

Nuno said...

Can't be anonymous with all that color!

Kris said...

Creative ! Like that you captured the shot with a customer going in :)

Enjoy your Monday at home :D

Lisi said...

hihi...if i were a taxi driver I would like to drive one like that...cool!

Nicola said...

This is soooo cool!! Thanks for finding another one of these great taxis - especially this colorful! Love it!! :-D

Grant F said...

and if you look closely enough you'll see that it's a woman taxi driver - a rarity in our city!

Sam said...

How cute! And funny about the vodka and the driver, lol.
I love the photo below of the castle - it is stunning. What a lovely city!!!

Grant F said...

merci Sam...am happy to share images of this great city with you all!

luminlight said...

Wow! This is probably the first time I've seen taxis not in their 'corporate color'...

bob said...

Good shot - I think the driver is a woman.

Edwin Sumun said...

Wonderful shot Grant! Our taxis here in KL are slowly becoming moving billboards too!

chris.h. said...

thats freaky Grant!! I was going to take a photo of a taxi in Newcastle today with exactly the same design!!!(best of look with your goth pics--watch out for angry parents!!) lol

chris.h. said...

best of look!!! I meant 'luck' of course!

Jenny said...

Great pictures - I love Edinborough (was there in 1992, on my honeymoon...sigh!)

-sharonctdailyphoto.blogspot.com

Grant F said...

jenny - hope the pics bring back special memories.

midnitebara said...

my goodness,whats that?! Very unique!