May 12, 2006

Say Cheese!


After seeing some glorious looking cheese in Wilf James's blog of Réal in rural France, it made me want to go out and buy some really good cheese, and photograph a great Edinburgh cheese shop at the same time. This wonderful place is on Victoria Street, a street I have showcased a few times before, and it sells all sorts of fantastic, locally-produced Scottish cheese as well as quality cheese from other parts of the British Isles and Europe. The smells as you walk past the shop are fabulous!

8 comments:

la femme said...

Mmmm. I love cheese shops!

Carrie Nichols said...

Great shot...reminds me of Wallace and Gromit ;)

Kris said...

glorious ! get some ..then, hop to wine shop ,go home for a good evening :)

Sam said...

Cheese!!
I love cheese, and this looks like a tremendous shop! Yum!

Nicola said...

Hmmm, love cheese as well! Nice variety here.

G Fraser said...

fotoaddict - great idea! some fine cheese and wine would go down a treat

carol - i kind of see what you mean

eurobrat, sam - am with you 100%...when I was a teenager I worked on the cheese counter in a supermarket in my home town. It was great being able to sample the cheese when there were no customers around. after all, if you're going to recommend something, you have to know what you're talking about!!

could never understand the people who bought the tasteless, bland, mild cheddar cheese...still, takes all sorts.

Wilf James said...

Just catching up Grant.

Great photo, and if there is one thing I do miss is a good chunk of Scottish chedder. It is one of the cheeses they don't seem to have available here! Hundreds of cheeses and I want one I can't get - typical.

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»